Bhangjeera ki chutney / Pahadi chutney recipe.
Bhangjeera ki chutney is a delicious chutney made in Uttarakhand. This crop found in the mountains is also used as medicine. Bhangjeera seeds are used in large quantities in the hilly areas of Uttarakhand. These seeds are used in making chutney and oil. And the taste of food can be improved by adding salt. People of the hills use chutney in their morning breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer, or with any finger foods. Making bhanjira chutney is easy. That’s why most people serve Bhanjira chutney with roti and parathas for breakfast.
What is Bhanjeera?
Bhangjeera is a small, brown seed. In Hindi, it is known as Bhangjira or Bhanjira, and in Garhwal, in Uttarakhand, it is known as Bhangjiru, and Jhutela in Kumaon. The scientific name of Bhanjire is Perilla frutiscens. which is a member of the Lamiaceae family.
How to make Bhangjeera Chutney ?
- To make bhanjeera chutney, first roast the bhanjira seeds in a pan on medium heat. Roast them while stirring so that they do not burn. After roasting the seeds, take them out on a plate and keep them aside.
- Now fry garlic, red chili, cloves, and black pepper.
- Make a fine paste by adding roasted bhanjira seeds, chopped green chillies, spices, and salt as per taste in a mixer grinder.
- Take out the coriander chutney in a bowl and mix it by squeezing half a lemon.
- Bhangjeera ki chutney is ready; you can serve it with any of your meals.