Jhangore ki Kheer is a popular sweet dish of Uttarakhand. which is made during special occasions, festivals, fasting, and worship. This kheer made from hill jhangore in Uttarakhand is healthy and tasty. To make Jhangora kheer, Jhangora is washed clean and kept to soak for 1 to 2 hours. After that, the soaked jhangore is cooked by mixing sugar and chopped dry fruits with milk. People serve this kheer, made in the mountains, after meals.
How to make jhangore ki kheer ?
- To make Jhangore ki Kheer, first wash the Jhangora and soak it in water for an hour.
- Heat the milk in a pan on medium heat. When the milk is hot, put the soaked jhangore in the milk and keep stirring it with a ladle.
- About 15 to 20 minutes in Jhangora milk After cooking well, add sugar, chopped cashew nuts, and almonds as per taste and mix. Turn off the gas after the kheer is cooked for 5 minutes.
- Take out the kheer in a bowl and garnish with chironji and saffron.
- Serve jhangore ki kheer as a sweet dish after meals.
- You can add more ghee to the kheer as per your choice.